Best Film In a Horror Series

General horror discussion. What's coming to theaters or DVD.
Rotting Corpse
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse
Anti-Spam Question: No

Re: Best Film In a Horror Series

Post by Rotting Corpse » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:15 am

At the end of the day you can't go wrong with either, and both are a great double bill.

Rotting Corpse
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Rotting Corpse » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:36 pm

I recall in an earlier post I mentioned Jurassic Park and if it counts as Horror. Seeing the trailer for the upcoming new film (Fallen Kingdom) it definitely looks far more Horror-oriented than the prior films. I recall one of the writers even said it's a Horror movie with dinosaurs and that's the vibe I get from the trailers.

In any case, the original film is easily the best by a massive margin. I feel the series declines considerably with each movie after the first, though I do think The Lost World has gotten better with age and despite it's faults is a pretty good movie.

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJBenz » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:25 pm

Jurassic World was on TV over Christmas and I watched it for the second time. I enjoyed it as much as the first, mainly because the CGI has come on so much and the original as steepd in 90s kitsch. Definitely looking forward to Fallen Kingdom, although I'm questioning how anyone could possibly table a proposal to put the park back together after several disasters involving the inevitable escape of the dinosaurs (hopefully that's not a key plot point of FK)
HorrorTalk on the web: www | Facebook | Twitter | Vimeo (Fuck YouTube) | Tumblr

Alien Redrum
Mocks you.
Mocks you.

Post by Alien Redrum » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:01 pm

Not related but related, one of my local FYEs is closing and all their used movies are 50% off (and with my FYE card, I get an additional 10%). Anyway, they must be taking in overstock used from other stores because every time I've gone in, there's new stuff. I ended up scoring a bunch of 3D Blu-rays for like $6 each, and Jurassic World was one of them. Probably going to pop it in this weekend.
Sorry, no, the less that TV companies plough into reality bullshit, the better. - Follow HorrorTalk on Twitter.

The never-updated blog.

Letterboxd - HorrorTalk.com 2017 Halloween Horror Movie Challenge

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm

Jurassic World was a fun movie. I'm not a fan of Chris Pratt, but I liked seeing this franchise get resurrected.

Rotting Corpse
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Rotting Corpse » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:56 am

I thought Pratt was easily one of the better things about Jurassic World. The movie as a whole didn't do it for me but Fallen Kingdom looks promising so far. I like how they're using animatronic dinosaurs again, something sorely lacking and missing from the last film.

Rotting Corpse
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Rotting Corpse » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:45 am

On the subject of Jurassic Park/World, going by the newest trailer for the upcoming Fallen Kingdom it definitely looks much more Horror-oriented than the prior films. I recall the director of the fourth film said this one would be a Horror movie with dinosaurs and I certainly get that impression from this new trailer.