Saw

General horror discussion. What's coming to theaters or DVD.
Rotting Corpse
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse
Anti-Spam Question: No

Saw

Post by Rotting Corpse » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:32 am

Wonder if anyone here is a fan of the series. I know it gets quite a bit of hate, but I've been a fan since almost the beginning. It's a clever series and better than it's sometimes credited for. Jigsaw is without a doubt one of the best more recent Horror icons in recent times and I have fun memories of catching the newest sequel every Halloween season. The recent Jigsaw (AKA Saw VIII) was pretty good and it was fun getting a new sequel this Halloween.

My ranking:

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Saw

Post by Neon Maniac » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:03 am

I believe I've seen all of them except the latest. I don't like Jigsaw so much as I like all the games. I also like Shawnee

shiki-jitsu
HorrorTalk Hardcore
HorrorTalk Hardcore

Post by shiki-jitsu » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:18 pm

I also like #2 the best. Shawnee of course :drool:

It's funny because I felt like 1 was a disappointment when I first saw it. Great concept, just executed kind of badly, but I would probably rank it in the second postion now. It's definitely grown on me. I can't even remember which of the others sequels I have seen or not. They all kind of blur together in my head.

As for Jigsaw. Eh, not really a fan ultimately of him. Partially I don't like the actor, partially I just don't care about his story. I don't know. Seems lacking IMO.

Rotting Corpse
Twitching Corpse
Twitching Corpse

Post by Rotting Corpse » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:01 pm

The series would definitely be good to re-visit if you don't remember some of the other entries too well.

Alien Redrum
Mocks you.
Mocks you.

Post by Alien Redrum » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:53 pm

I picked up the entire collection dirt cheap and still have yet to revisit it, which is the reason I picked up the set....last year. :mad:
Sorry, no, the less that TV companies plough into reality bullshit, the better. - Follow HorrorTalk on Twitter.

The never-updated blog.

Letterboxd - HorrorTalk.com 2017 Halloween Horror Movie Challenge

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:43 pm

shiki-jitsu wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:18 pm

As for Jigsaw. Eh, not really a fan ultimately of him. Partially I don't like the actor, partially I just don't care about his story. I don't know. Seems lacking IMO.
Seems lacking to me too. Like this guy is a total narcissistic bitch baby.

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJBenz » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:55 pm

I watched the first movie when it came out, didn't like it and subsequently never revisited the franchise. I guess I should give them another try. If Netflix had them all (or most of them) then I'd probably go for it, but I'm not going to spend any extra on a series I might still hate.
HorrorTalk on the web: www | Facebook | Twitter | Vimeo (Fuck YouTube) | Tumblr

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:38 am

DJBenz wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:55 pm
I watched the first movie when it came out, didn't like it and subsequently never revisited the franchise. I guess I should give them another try. If Netflix had them all (or most of them) then I'd probably go for it, but I'm not going to spend any extra on a series I might still hate.
If you didn't like the first one, I'm betting you won't like the rest of them either. They all kind of run together in my memory :lol: The situations/games are interesting, but they get old after a bit.

DJBenz
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DJBenz » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:55 pm

Neon Maniac wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:38 am
If you didn't like the first one, I'm betting you won't like the rest of them either. They all kind of run together in my memory :lol: The situations/games are interesting, but they get old after a bit.
That's kinda what I'm thinking, but it spawned so many sequels there has to be some enjoyment in there somewhere. Maybe I can find it. :lol:
HorrorTalk on the web: www | Facebook | Twitter | Vimeo (Fuck YouTube) | Tumblr

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:41 pm

DJBenz wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:55 pm

That's kinda what I'm thinking, but it spawned so many sequels there has to be some enjoyment in there somewhere. Maybe I can find it. :lol:
I think a big part of it is you get to see Donny Wahlberg tortured and crying in most of them :lol: