Do you know this scene?

General horror discussion. What's coming to theaters or DVD.
H00ligan
Dead and Buried
Dead and Buried
Anti-Spam Question: No

Do you know this scene?

Post by H00ligan » Fri May 11, 2018 11:40 am

I have a very vague memory of a scene from a horror movie as a kid that I can't find any information on. I want to say the movie was made in the late 80s or early 90s, but I was very young and have a memory of seeing a scene as a kid that imprinted on me hard and I've spent the last 10 years trying to find the movie with no luck. Hopefully someone can help. All I can remember is 2 guys fighting at a gas station around the pumps and one guy grabbing the fuel nozzle and shoving down the throat of his attacker. From there the guy subsequently fills up with fuel until he explodes. Not in a ball of flame, but from the pressure of being filled with fluid. Not sure if it was the same movie or not, but I have a memory of a woman handcuffed to a bed that was then electrified as well, but I can't verify if that was the same movie, or just a mash up in a memory. Any information would be greatly appreciated. It's been a long long search.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: Do you know this scene?

Post by Neon Maniac » Fri May 11, 2018 11:41 pm

No idea. Sorry. I can tell you that the electrified bed thing is something that has appeared in numerous movies.

H00ligan
Dead and Buried
Dead and Buried

Post by H00ligan » Sat May 12, 2018 3:19 am

Thanks. I've come across many electric bed scenes, it is rather common, I still can't be sure if it's the same movie. Just something that's held in my brain from that same time period. I appreciate the response though.

H00ligan
Dead and Buried
Dead and Buried

Post by H00ligan » Sat May 12, 2018 3:22 am

I've also been jumping between the idea that it was either a movie or an episode of tales from the crypt. I'm not completely convinced on the tapes from the crypt theory, as I would have atleast remembered the crypt keeper.

Neon Maniac
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by Neon Maniac » Sat May 12, 2018 10:16 am

There were a big handful of shows like Tales from the Crypt floating around the TV channels during that time period. Like just off the top of my head I'm thinking of: Friday the 13th, Freddy's Nightmares (or whatever it was called), Monsters, Tales From the Darkside, New Twilight Zone, and Amazing Stories. I'd be surprised if that was even half.

The only other thing I can think of with any meaningful gas station scenes would be Maximum Overdrive.